Sunday, January 14, 2018

Progress

We are moving forward on the home improvements here. Bob has spent all week on the countertops. He started out with a twelve foot length of cherry butcher block and cut it to size, then cut out the hole for the sink.
We had enough of the butcher block to make new tops for our IKEA kitchen cart and to top a portable small cabinet. We are using Waterlox finisher, a nontoxic type of Tung oil that provides protection against water. After four coats, with 24 hours to dry in between coats, the counter has darkened into a rich color with a light shine. After another three days or so of curing, we can start installing them.
Bob also has brought over the contents of my fiber closet in the coach, plus what was under the bed and the books in my clothes closet. There’s still a lot to be done to organize everything but at least it’s all here now. I suspect that this will be one of our projects next winter, to put up shelves. As well as to paint the bedroom and bathroom and replace the bathroom sink. It will all get done, eventually. This is what my studio looks like at the moment. Excuse the mess.

I’ve also been sewing curtains for the bedroom and living room. And kitchen. Here is the new curtain for the kitchen—I’m very happy with it.
I’m hoping to finish the living room curtains this week so I can post photos of the room all finished.

Between all the fixing-up, we are enjoying the weather here. Temperatures have been pretty consistent with daily highs in the 70s, except for a couple of days in the 60s. 




No comments:

Post a Comment