Saturday, March 17, 2018

Leaving Mesa

This has been a hard week, saying goodbye to friends and moving out of our little house for the season. It took us eleven hours to prepare the rig and move everything. But in the midst of that, we did have some fun. Our niece, Emily, flew in to visit us on Wednesday, and we’ve been having such fun. Wednesday was a beautiful day so she and I headed right over to the pool as soon as she dropped her bags in her room. Aaaaaaahhhhh....bliss! What a great way for us to reconnect and catch up with each other’s lives.

Thursday we worked all day moving, and by 11:00 Friday we were ready to roll. Our trip to Tucson was easy and without any hiccups. We are staying in a park that’s owned by the same organization that runs our park in Mesa and who offered us a free stay. I do like free! We capped off the day by meeting up with our friends, Chuck and Linda, at Pita Jungle for dinner. A very fun evening! Linda brought some of her truly gorgeous pine needle baskets for us to ooh and ah over. She has a real talent for basket weaving.

This morning we visited the Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures on Tucson. I had gone there with my friend, Retha, two years ago, so I was eager to show it to Bob and Emily. We had a great time checking out the exhibits, and here are some of my favorites.





Take a look at that last photo—it’s a carving of Picacho Peak by Cindy Chinn, and it is carved into a graphite pencil. The detail is amazing!

This afternoon I taught Emily how to weave on my Ashford Sample-It Loom. She’s doing great and I’ll post a photo when she’s done. There’s nothing I like better than to teach someone how to weave, and Emily’s a natural.

After dinner we decided to drive out to Saguaro National Park to see the sunset. It was a beautiful evening.


Tomorrow we are off to Las Cruces, NM, which is about 300 miles away. Time to say goodbye to Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment