Thursday, April 26, 2018

Out With Friends

My friend Ellen and her husband Chuck moved to Florida a couple of years ago and, since we’re in the neighborhood, we made plans to get together yesterday.
And what a day we had! After oohing and ahhing over their lovely home set right on a lake, we were taken to the local weaving center in our friends’ development. This place has looms galore as well as classes for those who want to learn to weave. It was a major factor in Ellen’s choice to live here.
After a great lunch of Mexican food we headed over to Fort DeSoto where Auggie got to romp by the sea off leash and make new friends. The fort has a beautiful dog beach. Just look at him mugging for the camera.
It was a wonderful day and we plan on returning to visit next time we are in the area. Thanks Ellen and Chuck!!

For the next few days I’ll be hanging with my sisters for a Sisters’ Weekend. Good times!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are having such fun in Central Florida. I have heard about that weaving room and it's even larger than I imagined it. Why don't you join us for the Florida Tropical Weavers Conference next March? Ellen knows a LOT about it.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be such fun! I’ll have to see where we’ll be next spring...

      Delete