Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Fun in the Sun

Bob and I have been enjoying our summer in NJ very much. Last Wednesday we had a family gathering at daughter Emily’s house in honor of granddaughter Eve’s 5th birthday. And what better way to celebrate than to have a pool party!
Eve and Quinn enjoy the water

On Saturday we spent a lovely evening at the home of Bob’s brother Bill and Bill’s wife, Brenda. It was such fun to hang out with them as well as Tom and Nancy, Emily, and Ryan. I wish I had gotten a photo of the group. I’ve been very lax in taking photographs lately.

On Saturday Bob and I met up with my friend Robbie and her husband Bruce for lunch at Norma’s Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine where we had a delightful time catching up. And the food was excellent, with vegan options as well as meat.
In between all this socializing I have been keeping my fingers busy, crocheting some amigurumi animals and finishing the weaving of my band.

This is a pattern from the book Latviešu Jostas featuring a double flower pattern. It was a fun weave.

Yesterday was Ben’s Half Birthday, a special day that all-too-often goes unnoticed. But not this year! Daughter Kristen picked up a small cake, cut it in half (and frosted the cut side,) added 5 1/2 candles, and we sang half of the Happy Birthday song to him. Only half of his brothers were there (Rob was at a friend’s house) as well as half of his parents (Jason is still away on training for the Air Force) but Bob and I celebrated with him as he ate his cake on paper plates cut in half and forks with half the times removed.
On Sunday we kick off the start of GrandCamp 2018, in Cape May, NJ. It’s going to be a fun two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment