Monday, September 21, 2020

September in AZ

 It’s been awhile since I posted here, I know, and I do apologize, dear blog reader. The days just seem to flow one into another, and all of a sudden I blink and another month has gone by. We’ve enjoyed the quiet of the park, and now that people are starting to return Auggie must adjust to people walking by without barking. There aren’t many early returnees yet, but within a month this place will be hopping again. Except for the Canadians, of course, whose health insurance won’t cover Covid-19 if they are in the US. Hopefully they’ll be able to return soon; a lot of our friends are from Canada.

We had a strong storm move through the area last month and I got a nice shot of the post-storm skies. There have only been a few thunderstorms this summer.


We have also kept watch over fires in Arizona. There have been some in Tonto National Forest, a couple of hours north of us, and some that were near Apache Junction to our east but none that came close enough to really worry us, thankfully. Our hearts go out to all those affected by the fires on the west coast.

We continue to stay busy. Since Bob’s woodturning skills have steadily improved he was able to make me some beams for my home-designed T-Loom. Ratchets and pawls from Kromski finished it all off, and I’m very happy with the loom’s upgraded tensioning.


Bob has finished his table for the living room and we both love it. It’s such a practical design for us and I love the walnut inlay in the top.

Months ago I started a games night with the grandchildren on Portal and Messenger which has continued every Monday. We play Bananagrams, Yahtzee, Card Bingo, and Uno and it has been a lot of fun. Sometimes Tim joins us as well. Recently I started a one-on-one daily session after dinner with Jillian. She has never been a very good eater at mealtimes and her diet was extremely limited, so this became a way to reinforce her sitting down with her family and eating. It’s been a huge success and she now eats a much more varied diet. And of course it’s a lot of fun for both of us! Here she’s reading me a story.

Jillian’s brother Alex recently had a birthday so I crocheted him a Mugman doll. It’s apparently a thing, but you will have to Google it to find out more. 😆

I have also been doing some quilting, and recently finished a geometric quilt in the Inner City pattern. I love quilts that look three dimensional.

One project that’s been hanging over my head since March is my cradle loom on which I planned to paint rosemaling. Last week I finally pulled out my paints and did a little. How I wish I had done it when my rosemaling class was fresh in my mind! I’m going to stop at this point for a bit. Perhaps I’ll be able to take another class and will be able to do it justice but right now I’m not able to. I know I can do better with a little help.

That’s it for now! Stay safe and pray for our nation.





1 comment:

  1. Its not so much the Health Insurance keeping the Canadians home, as the border closure. The Canada/US border has been closed to non-essential travel since March 21st.

    ReplyDelete