Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Deck Progresses

Work on the deck has been slower than anticipated but Bob is pushing onward and it is looking good. The manufactured decking material is a bit fiddly. Plus, every few minutes a passer-by stops to comment, ask questions, or simply strike up a conversation. While it is nice to have such a friendly park, this is not exactly conducive to productivity. It’s a good thing we are retired!
As you can see, Auggie and I are already sitting on it!

The other project that is continuing is my work on my grandson’s baby blanket. I finished warping this week and have started weaving. I think it’s looking quite nice! The warp and weft is 8/4 cotton and the draft is from Tom Knisely’s book, Handwoven Blankets.
I have to say that I love this loom. I’m weaving on my Big Macomber loom as I go along I’m learning just how well it works. This is truly a workhorse of a loom and it is a joy to use. 

The park has had electrical power outages this week as workmen upgrade the electrical service. Because of the outages, Bob and I went antique shopping today to see if we could find a kitchen table  that we like better than the one we have been using. We haven’t found one yet but it was sure fun to look!

I’ll report back with more deck photos as the project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment