Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Belated Update

It has been weeks since I last wrote to you, dear blog reader. So here is what has been happening in our lives since the middle of November.
The deck is almost finished (yes I heard you exclaim, “It’s not done done yet???”)  Our local Lowe’s did not carry the railing parts in stock so we are still waiting for some of them to be delivered, as a matter of fact. But we can use it and we love it. Bob has been crafting storage compartments, often referred to as “coffins” by the over-55-crowd (oh, those wacky seniors!). Aren’t they great?
Our neighbors are very impressed with Bob’s handiwork and stop in regularly to tell him so.

My birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year and with a little digging I discovered that, due to leap years, I will not have another Thanksgiving birthday again until 2029. Ordinarily the two coincide about every 5 or 6 years.

Finishing the deck has been pretty much the focus of our lives lately but we have had some fun, too. Our friends Linda and Chuck, with their dog Tucker, drove their motorhome to the park to visit for a few days and we enjoyed their company very much. I’ve been weaving and have finished my grandson Silas’s baby blanket, except for the binding which I may redo because I’m not entirely happy with it. I’ll show a photo when I finish it to my satisfaction.

I’ll try and be a little better about keeping up with my blog in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment