Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 Reflections, Part 1

I enjoy looking back on our year at the end of each December, so please join me in my annual retrospective.

In January of 2018 we were still dealing wth the kitchen/living room renovation; finishing and putting in countertops and replacing the stove and microwave. I was in Mesa with “the boys” for the month. It was fun to see the kitchen shape up.
In February I returned to NJ to help out my daughter with recuperation following surgery. As an end-of-year update, she is cancer-free and feels great!

In March we had the pleasure of a visitor, Bob’s niece Emily, who traveled with us to Texas before flying home. We left Mesa, AZ for Tucson, visited with friends Chuck and Linda, saw the Mini Time Machine Museum and visited Saguaro National Park.
From there we traveled to Las Cruces, NM, ran down to Puerto Palomas, Mexico for a few hours, and went to White Sands National Monument.
We spent the night in Fort Fort Stockton, TX before moving on to San Antonio. It was so much fun seeing these places through Emily’s eyes! We met up with my sister and her husband as well as some of our nieces and nephews and their children for a fun day at the Botanical Gardens.
We also were able to visit with friends Ron and Kathy, who live nearby.
Then we headed east to Beaumont, TX and then went on to New Orleans, LA.
We visited Biloxi, MS and stopped in to see our son-in-law, Jason who was taking a course at the Air Force base nearby.
We visited Pensacola and toured the historic district. From there we moved on to Saint Augustine to see the sights there.
Then, it was on to Walt Disney World for a magical week. That was such fun!
After we left The Magic Kingdom we visited my friend, Ellen, in Sun City.
It was then time for a sisters’ weekend in Porta Gunta, FL, where my sister Wendy has a condo.
From there we stopped in Carrollton, GA to see Retha and Mike.
Bob and I headed steadily north, stopping after about 250 miles each day but not sightseeing, until we reached our daughter’s house in NJ.

Tomorrow I will finish the year’s retrospective.

No comments:

Post a Comment