Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Oh What a Beautiful Day!

We recently got our bikes back from the shop after some much-needed repairs, so yesterday Bob and I decided to go for a bike ride.  It was a sparkling summer morning, like the summer days I remember from my childhood in Massachusetts.  There's just something about riding a bike; the scent of flowering plants, the sound of birds and cicadas, the feel of cool air on your face.  We have great local roads to ride around here with few cars to bother us.  We even saw a turkey family with a chick!  Momma was trying desperately to keep Baby out of the road, and ended up crossing to go into the woods to avoid me as I tried to photograph them. I sure wish I could show you a picture of that!

After a lovely day, I got the idea to sit in our screen room after dinner.  It is so funny--we have a beautiful screened-in back patio, all staged for showing, and we just don't use it like we should! So Bob and I grabbed a drink and we sat in the wicker rockers by candlelight and just talked.  I could get used to that!  We will have to make a habit of it.

As much as we want to be on the road we are enjoying this most lovely summer in NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment