Wednesday, August 12, 2015

One Year Blogiversary

Today marks one year since I started writing my blog, and I have been surprised at how much I am enjoying writing it. A special thank you to my dear friend, April, who held my hand through setting it up and has encouraged me to continue. And thank you to all my faithful readers!

In one year I have written 271 posts. Not too bad!

This morning Bob and I took a trip to a tire specialty shop where we were told that one of our sets of dually tires needed to be replaced. Ouch! Bye bye $1500. But better to fix it now than to risk another blowout. We will be getting the tires tomorrow since they were not in stock. This pushes our departure south off by one day, but that's ok. And while we were waiting to have the diagnosis done I was finishing reading "The Martian," a book by Andy Weir.  Such a great story! And it's going to be a movie, out this October. I cannot wait to see it. Thanks to my daughter, Kristen, for recommending it.

Besides reading and hanging out with family, I have also been finishing up projects. Here is the Star Wars Stormtrooper I crocheted for Ben.
I've also been working on my dishtowels that are on my loom; hopefully I will be able to finish them soon so I am not moving them around the rig daily as we drive places.

Kristen hosted a "birthday party for Bob/ farewell until next year" party tonight. All the kids pitched in with food and as usual, everyone outdid themselves.  It was all amazing food. I had to take a picture of the chocolate Kahlua cheesecake with fresh raspberries that Kristen baked for Bob. It was fabulous!

I am really full right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment