Thursday, January 7, 2016

Panel Three and a Stray Kitten

It has been a nice week. On Tuesday I was able to spend a lot of time with my three "shy guys," the small dogs Jack, Foxxy, and Li'l Roxie. Up until now, Roxie has been very afraid of being touched, but Tuesday she let me put a leash on her for her very first walk.
I really doubt that she has ever been on a leash before, but she made it to the small dog yard and back. It is very rewarding to teach these dogs that humans can be kind. I really hope they get adopted!

It was cloudy all day, but on the short walk back to our home we were treated to the sight of sun glowing on the mountains south of us. The photo doesn't do it justice.
On Wednesday we had a knock on the door and there stood a woman with a seven week old kitten, all black with golden eyes. The woman said that she found the kitten by the side of the highway, surrounded by the bodies of it's litter mates. I took the kitten, called our neighbors Tom and Joe, and they took her home until it could be figured out what to do with her. Since she tested negative for Feline Leukemia, she will probably be put in the large enclosed cat area with the adult cats.

I have been working steadily on my color gamp and have finished panel number two. I set it next to the first one for a photo op, and was pleased with how they look together.
Since we have Thursdays off, I worked all day and warped up the loom with the third panel. It should be finished this weekend if all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment