Monday, July 18, 2016

Eve and Jillian

I have gotten a bit behind on my blogging since Bob and I have been so busy with grandchildren. So today I will attempt to catch up!

On Friday we started our week and a half of "camping time" by having the youngest ones, three year old Eve and Jillian, for the day. In the morning we took the little ones to the Popcorn Park Zoo in Lacey Township. I have such happy memories of bringing my children to this zoo and now it is a joy to share it with another generation.

Part of the fun of this place is being able to feed popcorn to the animals, and the girls were excited to be able to do this. We had a picnic lunch when everyone was hungry, then we moved on to Atsion Lake for a swim to cool off.
 The water was warm and the air was a little cooler by the water.  Atsion Lake is fed by springs and is called "cedar water," tinted by the cedar trees that live here. Here is Eve...
...and here is Jillian. They swam and played on the playground, eventually wearing themselves out and falling asleep in the car on the way home. Day one was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment