Monday, May 15, 2017

Lake of the Ozarks

Bob and I traveled safely on Saturday to Osage Beach, MO. We have a lovely view of the Lake of the Ozarks from out front window.

I enjoyed the phone calls from my children yesterday (Mothers Day) very much. Bob and I took a drive around the area later, stopping at a lookout above Bagnell Dam. The damming of the Ozark River in 1931 created one of the world's largest manmade lakes. The dam itself is one-half mile long and 148 feet high.

When we returned to the rig I spent some time reading, weaving, and crocheting. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. Later as the evening waned, I opened the front shade to watch the sunset, and saw several deer as they passed through the brush. It was a beautiful sight, but was too dark to get a good photograph.

We head out tomorrow for a campground closer to St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment