Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Visiting Friends

On Saturday, Bob and I took the RV east to Tucson, AZ to spend a few days with our friends, Chuck and Linda. They purchased a park model last year and have been just loving it. We can certainly see why. Their little home is in a park that has similar amenities as the one we are in, in Mesa, and the layout is pretty similar, too. Seeing them in their house has gotten us even more excited to move into ours.


On Sunday, while Bob and Chuck worked on replacing a shed door, Linda and I sat outside on their delightful deck and did some band weaving.

Her loom is so neat! Originally a card loom, she has adapted it to use with a Stoorstalk Sunna heddle for weaving Baltic bands. Afterwards, she gave me a tour of this lovely park. Check out the great Halloween display in the ballroom.

I visited the exercise room on Monday (and Tuesday as well) to use the treadmill and stationary bicycle. I was happy to see that I could continue my exercise program here. Bob and I drove to the SKP park in Benson to pick up our deposit that we had given them, and picked up our mail as well. When we got back I joined Linda at a crocheting group in her park. I showed off my recent shawl and Linda showed her current shawl project—beautiful!

Tuesday morning was the park’s “Howl-o-ween” Pet Parade, so we gathered in the courtyard to be judged. Auggie won “Scariest Costume” while Chuck and Linda’s Tucker won “Greatest Costume.”

Auggie went as “Jaws” while Tucker...

...was a hot dog in a bun. Such fun!

After the parade we all four (minus our fur kids) went to eat at Pita Jungle, a restaurant in Tucson with health-oriented Mediterranean fare. They were able to accommodate a vegan meal for me and I feasted on a Portobello “burger,” which was so yummy. Everyone else enjoyed their meals, too. We also stopped into Grandma’s Spinning Wheel to fondle some yarn, and the West, a needlework store with a lot of really neat items for embroidery, cross stitch, and needlepoint.

Tomorrow we say goodbye to our friends and head back to Mesa. We’ll be in a site that is quite close to our new house, and I don’t know if that’s going to make it easier or harder for us, being so close. With any luck, we’ll be moving in about November 25 when the previous owners move out.