Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Projects Galore!

Bob and I have been so busy over the last week and a half. We attended the Manager’s Party last Tuesday with hundreds of other people. It was a beautiful evening; we sat with a group of friends and listened to the live band and had a meal and drinks. We even danced!

On Thursday I painted the bedroom a soft gray color, but the room is not finished so I’ll wait to show you pictures when it is done. Bob is painting the dressers and I will be putting up new curtains as well to bring a little color into a very white-looking room. I will show you the headboard I’ve been working on, though. We bought it at a thrift shop for $10; it was solid cherry but was a little dinged up. I painted much of it a nice turquoise color and then distressed it and added an antiquing glaze and I’m thrilled with the way it came out. I have plans to make some coordinating pillows so please don’t judge me on the sad ones you see here.
I spent much of Friday weaving up samples for the class I’ll be teaching in January. Aren’t these tiny rigid heddles cute? They are made by Handywoman and are only $7 each, making it a very affordable  way to give weaving a try.
Later on Friday I joined a painting class and had a lot of fun with my friend, Marie, who is in choir with me. I’ve signed up for another class in January and am looking forward to it.
Last spring we had the AC and furnace replaced with a split system. Unfortunately the one in my weaving room had to be located in a very awkward spot and it really bothered me, so my wonderful husband built a cabinet to cover it and center it over the door. I think it came out great, don’t you?
Today we had a bit of a setback in our projects. We were all set to install a new laminate vinyl flooring in the weaving room and when Bob ripped up part of the carpet he found that the floor is really not level. This is not good. We’ll have to see if we can have someone level it out for us before we can proceed with the floor installation. Which means the room will have to be EMPTY and there’s not a lot of places I can put my stuff. We’ll have to move everything to the living room, I guess, while the floor is being leveled. We had hoped we could just work section by section when laying the laminate but to get the floor level we can’t do it that way. Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment