Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Sixth Blogiversary

It’s hard to imagine I’ve been writing this blog for six years. And even more surprising how many changes we’ve gone through in that amount of time.

Many RVers with whom we’ve spoken have chosen to head to higher (and cooler) ground for the summer. Bob and I have discussed doing that but have decided to stay put here in the park for several reasons. First off, campgrounds at higher elevations have filled up because more people are RVing. And we are trying to avoid crowds. Second, Bob and I want to avoid a situation where, if we DID contract Covid-19, we would not be near a good hospital. There are excellent medical facilities in and around Phoenix. And third, we both have projects going that keep us busy and interested and that are not portable. And so we have stayed! Right now I am waiting to hear back from Texas DPS (their Motor Vehicle department) to see if my application to renew my drivers license by mail will be accepted. If I can’t renew by mail we will have to travel to Texas. We should know soon if that’s going to happen.

I’ve been having so much fun with my new sewing machine and have it all set up in my studio. When my ironing board started to break I asked Bob to raise up the wooden board I covered with batting and a sheet and attach it to the wall. The other end rests on a drawer unit. At 36” high, the board is much more comfortable to stand and iron, and provides a surface to cut out small projects, too. Perfect!
I also made a small pressing table from a little folding table, that sits to the left of the sewing table. On it, I can turn and press a seam without getting up.

My towels are off the loom and I am hand-hemming them. I’m very pleased! Photos will follow when I’m finished, but here is a pic of the last towel on the loom, with trees woven into it.
Speaking of trees, the park is trimming all the palm trees here. This is what the street looked like yesterday right after trimming was finished.
For some reason, more activity rooms are being opened here. Right now the billiards room, sewing room, library, and computer lab are open. This in addition to the pool and the ballroom for movie showing. I have a bad feeling about these openings. Once people return to the park I suspect virus cases will start to spike if people start attending indoor activities. We shall see. For a while, or until there’s a vaccine, I’ll be staying outdoors.






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your blogiversary. You have an admirable set up for all your projects -- enviable, actually. Love the weaving. It certainly sounds as if you are being very sensible health-wise without being over-the-top paranoid, and outdoors is certainly a good call. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete