Saturday, April 9, 2022

Moving to Montgomery, AL

We had a very nice week in Gautier, MS. It rained pretty hard on Tuesday, and some areas north of us had tornados, but we were fine. I spent the day baking bread and cooking in preparation for the next few days. On Wednesday Bob and I drove to Walmart, then stopped briefly at a nice little quilt shop and an overpriced thrift store. I got a feeling the prices were not going to be great when I walked in to a huge, packed store with very few customers. Thrift shops are expected to have bargains, in my opinion. If I go to an antique store I expect to pay more than things at a thrift shop. Based on their inventory, I’m not the only person who feels this way. Anyway, it was fun browsing!

On Friday Bob went golfing and had a nice “guy day” while I puttered around the motorhome and did some sewing as well.

Today (Saturday) we packed up, said goodbye to the alligator in our backyard,


and headed north to the Montgomery, Alabama area. It was a good trip, and apart from strong wind gusts, was a nice travel day.

We are actually in a small town south of Montgomery, and we’ll be here for four nights. We have lots of sightseeing planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment