Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sisters’ Week

Once we left Bushnell, FL, Bob and I headed to Punta Gorda so I could hang out with my sisters all week. Gail had flown in from Texas and Wendy has a vacation condo there, while Cheryl lives in PG all year around. Bob and I enjoyed touring Cher and her husband George’s beautiful home and helped them eat up their Easter leftovers. George and Cher celebrate Greek Easter which usually takes place a week after the rest of the world celebrates it, so we only missed the feast by one day. Such yummy food! I came away with some great recipes from Cher. Bob and I also visited the Charlotte Environmental Center where we saw a huge Gopher Tortoise and a ten foot alligator.


It is alligator mating season and the gators are aggressive this time of year so we were extra vigilant. We were thrilled, however, to hear a bull alligator’s mating call.


On Wednesday Bob and I picked up Gail from the Fort Myers airport an the celebration began. Bob returned to the motorhome to hang out with Auggie. He also was able to hang with George for a bit and went out on his boat. We had such fun cooking and shopping and drinking wine.


Thursday was our mom’s birthday so we poured a glass for her memory.

On Friday we met up with Gail’s college friend, Judy, whom I hadn’t seen since Gail’s wedding in 1975. We made her an honorary sister for the day and had a blast.

From L-R: Gil, Cher, me, Wendy, and Judy.

All too soon it was time to leave Punta Gorda, turning the motorhome north towards NJ. Tomorrow I’ll post about our trip back to the NJ area.

Lunch on the water

No comments:

Post a Comment