Friday, July 15, 2022

Summertime

Ah summer! We are enjoying the lovely weather and having fun with family. Here are some of the highlights since June 1.

I got to spend a few hours with my friend April. In her spare time she makes comfort dolls that are given to Alzheimer’s patients, using an antique sock knitting machine.

Our grandson Ben graduated from middle school last month and Kristen and I went to his graduation. He’s growing up so fast!

I showed Jillian how to make a 7-thread fill-the-gap braid and she picked it right up, making herself a braided bracelet.

We were dog sitters for Kristen and Jason’s French Bulldog mix, Indy, for about ten days. While there was some “discussion” over who had the right to nap on the dog bed, Indy and Auggie had a ball together.

I sewed up a Bible cover, then wove four different bands as bookmarks. I’m tickled to see how it came out. Fabric is from Spoonflower.

I have owned many spinning wheels over the years, and have sold them all. But I got the urge to start spinning again so I now have a Louet S10C wheel and I’m loving it. Between my wheel and my spindles (many of which have been handmade by Bob) I’m spinning daily. Jillian is even learning how to spin.

Bob has been very busy of course, and has finished renovating this garage door for Kristen and Jason. It is original to the property and is over 100 years old. 

GrandCamp starts the end of next week and we are looking forward to it. We’ll be in PA this year. More on that as it happens! And tomorrow I’ll post about Catherine’s birthday surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment