Thursday, February 9, 2017

Cinnamon Buns and Golf

Bob and I are having a fun week so far. On Monday, I went to visit my friend Kathy who, with her husband Ron, is staying in an RV resort on the other side of Yuma for a few weeks. Ron and I passed somewhere on the road as he came out to our park to golf with Bob.

Kathy and I had a fun time catching up, and I showed her how to make cinnamon buns from scratch. Anyone who knows me well knows that I love to bake bread. It is one of my passions, and I've been making GOOD bread ever since my grandmother gave me a hands-on lesson when I was a young woman. Before that lesson I fed a lot of bad bread to the birds.

Our cinnamon buns were so good! Ron drove Bob back across town so we could taste Kathy's and my creations and then Bob and I went home together.

Bob is getting a lot of golf in this week. Besides playing with Ron on Monday, he played with his regular league on Tuesday and is playing in a special tournament today. Then he will attend a tournament luncheon on Saturday.

I have been keeping myself busy by weaving, biking, and watching Season 1 of Madam Secretary on Netflix. Plus choir practice as usual on Wednesday afternoon. I'm really enjoying choir--I had forgotten the joys of singing in a group, and the women are a lot of fun, too.

Today is Bob's and my sixteenth anniversary so we'll be going out to dinner to celebrate. It's hard to believe that it's been 16 years already. It feels like just yesterday, and yet like we've been together always. I'm truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment