Sunday, October 15, 2017

From Moab, UT to Arizona

After Bob and I came back from Canyonlands National Park, I got the urge to check out the local yarn store. So Bob dropped me off for a half hour and I had a delightful time talking weaving with the shop owner (whose name I unfortunately forgot to get.)

 I found some treasures, too—a lovely pendant with wool roving in the center...
... and some yummy yarn to play with.

The last couple of days have been travel days, with quite a few miles behind us.  We stopped for one night in Cameron, AZ at the Cameron Trading Post, where we had no Verizon signal and no wifi. No over the air TV channels, either. How primitive! We watched a movie from our pile of $5 movies from Walmart. I thought you might enjoy seeing the changing scenery between Moab and Cameron.











We have arrived in Mesa, AZ and will be here for the next two weeks. It will be nice to stay put for a little bit. We were in this park 2 1/2 years ago, and our smart little Auggie dog remembered how to get to the dog park this morning. He was happy to be back here, I think. Bob and I took advantage of the beautiful park pool on Saturday night which felt great since the temperatures were in the high 90s. 

So now you are all caught up with our activities! Today Bob and I will be looking for a Halloween costume for Auggie. We'll be visiting our friends, Linda, Chuck, and dog Tucker, after we leave Mesa, and will need a costume for the "Howl-oween" Pet Parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment