Sunday, October 8, 2017

We Move to Green River, UT

I believe I’ve solved my difficulties transferring photos from my digital camera to my iPad. Bob and I popped into an Apple store yesterday and I asked for advice. The salesman suggested a Lightening to SD Card Camera Reader and I tried it out today. It took ten seconds for my photos to appear on my iPad, and I could erase them off the card at the same time (or choose not to.) It’s going to make my life so much easier.
Our drive southeast from the Salt Lake City Area was beautiful.
 We saw lovely autumn colors on the hills, which gave way to...
 ...dramatic rock formations.
Around every curve was something new to see. 
And the mountain ranges that we passed were beautiful.
Utah sure has some gorgeous scenery. We are looking forward to exploring the Moab area this week.

Bob's back was feeling achy earlier this week but is doing much better now. And I am coming up for air after spending an entire week focused on genealogy. I discovered that, through my father's side of the family, my siblings and I are indeed descended from royalty. Edward III, King of England is our 19th great grandfather. King Edmund I (Plantagenet) is our 20th great grandfather. Queen Elizabeth II is our 17th cousin. And Vlad IV (Dracula) is the 12th great grandfather of the wife of our 15th cousin twice removed. That just trips off the tongue, doesn't it? I shall work to remain humble.

I offered to research Bob's side of the family but he declined, saying he is who he is and knowing his ancestors won't change anything. I think it's fun to find out, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment