Saturday, August 4, 2018

A Friend & I Visit Vävstuga Weaving School

Bob and I have been staying at a very nice campground in Monson, MA, west of Worcester and near Sturbridge, since this past Monday. Apart from the fact that we had no cell service here and only a weak internet signal, we have enjoyed our stay very much. Our campsite is in the woods near a state park and is quiet and peaceful.

On Tuesday I went to my friend Jeen’s house to pick her up for a drive to Vävstuga Weaving School in Shelburne Falls, MA. Jeen and I originally met on Ravelry years ago and have gotten together every year or two since then. It was great to spend time with her, as always!

Despite a rainy forecast, we had a very fun time. Vävstuga (Swedish for “weaving cottage”) is set overlooking the Deerfield River in a lovely little northwestern Massachusetts village. I had called ahead to be sure the items I needed were in stock and to request a visit as the store is open by appointment only. Tanya gave us a tour of the school, showing us the weaving room and the student’s rooms upstairs. Most students stay at Vävstuga during their weaving course.




One day I’d love to take a course or two here.

Tomorrow: Sturbridge Village

No comments:

Post a Comment