Sunday, August 5, 2018

Sturbridge Village

Bob and I have both been to Sturbridge Village before we met each other, but it had been many years since either of us had visited this famous living history museum. And despite the hot and humid weather on Wednesday, with temperatures in the 90s, we had a great time. It’s a great place to go if you want to “time travel,” and for taking pictures, too. Here are some of my favorite photos.





Afterwards I dropped Bob off at the campground and went back to Jeen’s house to pick up this little beauty, a 9 1/2” 8 shaft Leclerc Voyageur.
This photo is not my loom but gives you an idea of what it looks like. Mine is folded up and in its storage bag under the bed, all set to travel. I’m going to have fun with it.

Speaking of new looms, on Tuesday I brought this one home from my visit with Jeen. 
It’s a Spriggs Creations floor inkle and I wasted no time getting a warp on it. I can also use it as a warping board on the road.
Thanks, Jeen!

To top off this most wonderful week, yesterday Bob and I drove up to Northampton to visit Webs Yarn Store and I got the supplies for two baby blankets, a knitted baby sweater, and knitted slippers.
Webs is having it’s annual summer sale so I got some good deals. Does life on the road get much better than this week? I’d say not. My hands will be busy now!

All too soon, it’s time to move on. Next stop is Rhinebeck, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment