Sunday, September 9, 2018

Macomber Looms

On Friday Bob and I drove down to York, Maine to visit Macomber Looms.

You may recall that last spring I purchased a 40” wide 8 shaft Macomber loom. Well, over the summer I sold some equipment and ordered some accessories. From Gowdey Reeds I purchased 1600 bright and shiny heddles so that I will have enough for any project. And from Macomber I ordered two new shafts to max out my loom to 10, as well as a cloth apron, handle hardware, jack pads and beater pads and a couple of reeds. I am going to be all set!
We met Eddie, the man who makes these wonderful looms and had a very nice chat with him.
Bob and I learned some things about my loom that we never would have had we done business over the Internet. He even threw in some updated hardware for the castors on the loom which had failed during the move to our little house in Mesa.

We left Maine on Saturday morning and spent the night in Willington, CT before moving on to our campground in Florida, NY. By Monday afternoon we should be back in NJ where we will be for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment