Sunday, September 16, 2018

This Week in NJ

I have been remiss in writing lately and I do apologize. We arrived back in NJ last Monday and we’ve been caught up in the little details of life ever since. On Tuesday I went with daughter Emily to her midwifery appointment and was able to meet the midwife who will be delivering Em’s baby some time in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve been sewing a lot on my “new” sewing machine lately. This was a machine that I purchased back in the late 1970s, a Husqvarna Viking 6570.
I loved this machine and on it I sewed all my children’s clothing (and many of mine,) dolls, quilts, and curtains. About 15 years ago it went to live with my sister when I purchased a new Viking but recently it came back to me. It is going to stay in Mesa, AZ as my winter machine.

So this week I sewed a Christmas stocking and a bunch of grime guards for my daughter Kristen’s cross stitch frames. Bob and I visited daughter Catherine and her crew as well.

We will be here until Emily’s baby is born (and a few days more) before heading back to Mesa. Her due date is September 30th but as we all know, babies are on their own timetable!

No comments:

Post a Comment