Thursday, October 11, 2018

Through Virginia and Tennessee

Bob and I have been steadily moving westward daily and are currently spending the night in a little town about 50 miles east of Memphis, Tennessee. While we missed the effects of Hurricane Michael, we did seen some rain Tuesday and Wednesday. It wasn’t bad, though, and we pushed on.
We had a nice campsite last night with a pretty view of a lake.
Auggie has been snuggled in by my side for these trips, and much prefers being close to having to sit on the sofa. I have the GPS stuck to my window so I can direct Bob, and my Kindle on my lap. Sometimes I need to look at my Kindle rather than see how close we seem to be to passing trucks or the side of a road that drops off. It can often be a little scary riding in the passenger seat although I have the utmost confidence in Bob’s driving abilities.
We waved hello and goodbye to Nashville as we passed; we visited that fine city a couple of years back and had a wonderful time, but this trip we have set our sights on Mesa and will not be delayed.
The Cumberland River was pretty as we crossed over it.
Our campsite tonight overlooks fields of cotton.

We have changed time zones and are now on Central Time for a few days. Friday morning we cross into Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment