Monday, August 26, 2019

Momma’s Got a Brand New Bag

Bob and I decided to have an at-home day on Sunday. So he got to work recharging the water softener and I drove over to Joann Fabrics to find a zipper for a sewing project. Have I mentioned just how nice people are around here? I met the nicest women at the fabric store. I also found fabric and some of the notions I’ll need for an upcoming project, and most were on sale. I do love a good sale!

About six weeks ago I won an online contest from Hawthorne Supply Company, an online fabric store that has a weekly drawing for fabric collections.
And a few days later, these appeared in my mailbox. Fifteen fat quarters. Such fun! I set aside six colors for a quilted purse to be made later, but out of the rest I selected two to make a Runaround Bag from Lazy Girl Designs. It was a quick and easy project. Now I need to make one for fall.
Front (left) and back


No comments:

Post a Comment