Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Summer Catch-Up

This has been a very busy summer filled with family happenings. My daughter, Emily, and her family (husband Anthony, daughter’s Quinn and Eve, and son Silas) sold their house and moved to Idaho where Anthony’s parents and some of his siblings live.
It was hard for us to see them go but understand that families need to go where they want to live. Fortunately in this day and age people can stay in touch so easily.

Bob and I have spent much of the last few weeks touching base with family and friends in NJ, enjoying our annual visits. We love you all.

Between helping with the move, hanging out with kids and grandkids, and visiting, I have managed to complete a few projects.

Using my Red PVC Loom and a Miniature Backstrap Heddle from HandyWoman I wove a five pattern thread Baltic pickup band.
This one was woven with #10 crochet cotton but I may do a narrower one using 10/2 cotton and include more patterns. I ran out of warp on this one. There are a lot of patterns one can weave using only 5 pattern threads!

I cross stitched a picture that reminds me of the trips we have made to Saguaro National Park.
This was a kit I purchased in Tucson when I was with my friend, Linda, so it has special meaning. I also purchased another kit in a similar theme that I will stitch up next summer. Years ago I worked at a cross stitch shop in Leominster, MA (I believe it has closed, unfortunately) and stitched up a lot of store samples. It felt good to pick up the needles again. When both pieces are finished and blocked I’ll get them matted and framed to hang in our little winter home in Mesa, AZ.

Daughter Kristen has inherited my love of stitching and has become an amazing cross stitcher. I made her several project bags to hold her WIPs.
We are on the move! Bob and I left Sunday afternoon for our trip west, and my next blog will give you more details, so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment