Friday, May 22, 2015

A Great Day

There are a multitude of reasons why today was a great day. The weather was nice and sunny, I got to meet a lot of the vendors who have arrived to set up their booths, I finished some sewing projects and even knitted a bit, the brakes are fixed (sort of), and I made ice cream. Honestly, can you ask any more of a day than that?

Months ago I wove some dish towels for my daughter in law, Bernie. I washed and dried the cloth, then the fabric sat waiting patiently for hemming. I was waiting at first because I had no way to iron them, but then I found a tabletop ironing board that works great and hangs flat in my closet so that excuse no longer held water. Still I waited, and because I finish tasks best under pressure I finally hemmed them today. On the last free day before we return to NJ. I am quite pleased with the way they came out. I will also be giving Bernie two dishcloths

I will put a project page up on Ravelry with details.

The ice cream I made was from this recipe. I also added a tablespoon of vanilla, and it was so good! It takes quite a bit of time to freeze, so make it early in the day if you want to eat it for evening dessert. (Not to be confused with lunch dessert.)

I am knitting some qiviut (gasp!) into a delicate lace cowl. Pictures to follow when it looks like something. I bought the yarn a couple of years ago at Maryland Sheep and Wool, and only now have worked up the courage to knit with it. Qiviut is from a musk ox and is one of the world's softest and warmest wool. It is also quite pricey and is sold by the ounce. I have just one ounce of yarn, it is very fine, and I am knitting it up very carefully.

The repair fellow came to the campground this morning and was able to make the brakes useable. We will have to drain moisture from the air lines occasionally until a permanent fix is made. At least we can drive it to NJ, so all is good. We can get the part we need when we are in Cherry Hill.

It doesn't get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment