Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Grounds for Sculpture

Did we have fun today! Bob and I took a drive out to Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. This place is worth a drive. We arrived at a little after 10:00 am and our (free) tour started at 10:30. While we waited we visited some of the indoor sculptures. I loved the interpretation of Van Gogh's room in Arles, which was an actual room you could walk around in. All the furniture and items in the room looked cattywompus.
 I posed next to Mona Lisa--I think we look good together.
Our guide Elaine had lots of interesting stories about the sculptures, which are spread out across 42 acres. The landscaping was amazing. Some of the sculptures were super-sized.



 Others were life-sized groupings of statues you could walk around, like Eduardo Manet's Argenteuil.
Below is an interpretation of Renoir's Le dejeuner des canotiers, with full sized statues. The details were impressive.


We had made lunch reservations at "Rats," GFS's wonderful restaurant. As we approached the restaurant we saw the outside seating area.
The view from "Rats" is the Bridge in Monet's Garden. Just lovely.
 We had a scrumptious lunch at "Rats" and I highly recommend it.

After we got home I finished adding the details to my granddaughter's horse purse that I crocheted for her. She'll get it on her birthday in a week and a half. Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment