Sunday, August 13, 2017

Happy Birthday to Bob!

Bob spent his birthday today driving us to South Dakota. Unfortunately, we are in a one-horse town for the night that has no restaurants, but he told me, "It's OK. I got to spend my birthday in SD, a place I've always wanted to visit!" We'll find a good restaurant when we get to Rapid City and go out to dinner there.

We left Adrian, MN this morning and crossed the Missouri River a little after noontime. What a pretty sight!

We are staying at a tiny campground off I-90 and have a lovely view out our windows.

Bob was talking with our neighbors earlier and found out that the big motorcycle rally in Sturgis, SD ended this weekend, so we are hoping to see fewer tourists than if we had arrived a few days before. And hopefully less competition for campsites, since we don't have any reservations from here on. I'm sure we can find spaces, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment