Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A New World

Life has changed so much since I last posted only six days ago. All activities at our park have been cancelled and the pool is closed. Area restaurants, movie theaters, schools, museums, and libraries are closed. Grocery shelves are empty.

Bob and I are fine, though. I had stocked up on dried beans and grains and I’ve been sprouting seeds. The freezer is stocked with frozen veggies. I’m making soy milk and continue to make bread as needed. Bob is remodeling our utility closet, painting it and adding moveable shelves, and I’ve been weaving. I finished this bracelet the other day.
Now I’m working on weaving a baby blanket for a soon-to-be-born niece.

We are practicing social distancing and washing our hands all the time. The Canadians who winter here in the park have been recalled to Canada and there’s a mad scramble for many of them to return by March 22 when the borders will close. The recall will effect their health insurance so there is real incentive not to dawdle.

The news we hear is that the Coronavirus will most likely still be on the upswing for at least the next seven weeks, so we are assuming that we won’t be going anywhere for at least that long and most likely much longer. There aren’t a lot of people spending the summer here but we have friends who will be here for several months anyway so we won’t be alone. And I’m guessing that once everyone leaves we may be allowed to use the pool, but who knows? We will get through this.

Stay healthy, stay inside, and wash your hands often.

No comments:

Post a Comment