Thursday, March 12, 2020

March in Mesa

It has been a crazy-busy time here in Arizona. I finished my rosemaling painting class, which was so much fun that I may take more classes next winter. Our final project was a decorative plate and I think mine came out quite well. I may still put a border on it.
Weaving has really taken off at this park and I have some real weavers coming along. Plus, seventeen people have signed up to take classes in the fall. Check out Holly’s pick-up band—she did such a nice job!
My loom design (that Bob built for me) came out very well and a couple of people are building their own loom using my plans. It’s a combination of my favorite features of several loom designs, and uses an 8” Ashford Sample-It Loom reed.
Speaking of weaving, I finally attempted weaving a backstrap, using a backstrap loom. I finished it today and I’m quite pleased with it.

But life has not been just about weaving; I attended the park’s annual quilt show and enjoyed seeing all the amazing quilts sewn by the people here.
There was even a table of gnomes!
On February 29 Bob and I took the light rail into Phoenix to the PHX Vegan Food Festival. It was a gorgeous day and we have fun checking out the vendors, listening to music, and sampling yummy foods. We had a great lunch, too.

We are just starting to see hoarding of staples such as toilet paper as people realize that the Coronavirus is really going to impact them in some way. The park next to ours has just today cancelled all gatherings and activities. Our singing group has been planning to put on a concert for a local assisted living facility today but right before we left we got word that all unnecessary visits were cancelled. At the moment our park’s activities continue but I expect that to end before too long. We are unaware of anyone in the park who is ill.

Bob and I are hoping that our trip across the US will not have to be cancelled or postponed but we’ll do what we have to to remain safe. I’ll keep you updated if things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment