Monday, March 28, 2022

Louisiana

Today (Monday) was another travel day. We spent last night in Wills Point, Texas. I love east Texas; it’s so different from west Texas. There is a lot of green, there are forests and pine trees and rivers. It’s very pretty and it smells heavenly. I don’t realize how much I miss the scent of green growing things until I return to them. The bird calls are so different, too, and there are more of them. If I had to choose a part of Texas in which to settle, it would be east Texas.




Then we crossed into Louisiana.


Route I-20 through Shreveport, LA, however, right over the border, has to be one of the absolute worst roads in the country. I’m hoping the Infrastructure Bill puts some money into the roads in Shreveport. There were times where we went airborne I think. 

We have decided to spend an extra day in Louisiana before moving on to Mississippi on Wednesday. It’s pleasant here (apart from the roads) and Bob needs a break from driving. From here on out, we have no more one-night stays and our pace slows down, until we turn north to NJ after visiting with my sisters in Florida at the end of April. I’m really looking forward to this part of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment