Friday, July 15, 2016

Bread and Grandchildren

Well, doctors appointments are finally finished and we are ready for some fun with grandchildren! Today kicks off the start of Grand Week, where we take all of our seven grandchildren (1 or 2 at a time) for overnights and day trips. It's going to be a great week and a half!

I've been learning how to knit Portuguese-style, since I took advantage of a free Craftsy class with Andrea Wong. This method requires tensioning either around your neck or using a special knitting pin or pendant.  I found a pendant at the local Hobby Lobby that is working quite well, shaped like an anchor. I can even use two different strands of yarn with it, so that's a plus.
I pinned the pendant to an inkle band but will probably change that out at some point,  Forgive the lousy photo--it's incredibly difficult to photograph myself and have it come out well. My shirt is not really that wrinkled!

Yesterday was like Christmas. I had ordered a new bread maker a week ago from Home Depot, after my thrift store one stopped working suddenly. And I am in love with this one.
It's a Zoshirishi Mini Bread Maker, a perfect size for our family of two. It not only makes bread, but also cake, cookie dough, pasta, and jam. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. We woke up this morning to this fresh loaf of bread.
Today we have Eve and Jillian so we are off to the zoo and to go swimming. Now it REALLY feels like summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment