Saturday, July 9, 2016

Summer's Joys

When Bob and I were working fulltime, summers were somewhat bittersweet. The first few days were wonderful, with the long, lazy vacation stretched out ahead of us. Nine weeks off seem endless at first. I'm not complaining, because having that big block of time away from work is truly luxurious (even though it was unpaid time off.)  But it didn't take long before the end of that vacation loomed larger and larger into our consciousness. Fearing the END of summer seemed to ruin the full enjoyment of our vacation.

Now, of course, the end of summer is not an issue. We are finally able to enjoy the slow pace of these hot, languorous days with family and friends. I sleep a little later, spend time hanging out with our grandchildren, run errands, cook, weave, and catch up on Game of Thrones. It's a lovely time.

My band is progressing and I find I'm making fewer and fewer mistakes that must be unwoven. That's a lovely thing, too!
We visited with Bob's two brothers, Bill and Tom last night, and their wives Brenda and Nancy. We had such a great time hanging out with them and catching up with the goings-on in their lives. 

Today Bob and I are off to Cape May, NJ to see some friends. We still have lots of people to see before we head out again but we will make sure we see them. It's one of summer's joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment