Saturday, August 19, 2017

Abstract Shawl Finished

I started a crocheted shawl a couple of weeks ago, and finished it yesterday. The pattern is from this web page and it is a very simple design.
I used almost two full skeins of Sweet Roll yarn (in the colorway "Peanut Butter Swirl") that I had picked up in Joann Fabrics for the clearance price of $2.99 each. I do so love a bargain. This shawl will be perfect for tossing over my shoulders when the air conditioner blows on me as I sit reading or crafting in my chair.

Having finished that project, I decided not to lose momentum and to start weaving a band. I chose my Seidel Card Loom and a 13 pattern thread heddle from Stoorstalka and started warping. This band is using Áhkko wool yarn from Stoorstalka. I love weaving with this yarn, and the pattern has just enough complexity to keep me from getting bored with it.
I often weave bands like this without any particular use in mind, but this one would make an excellent strap for a Christmas purse or tote, so that is my plan for it. Unless I change my mind, of course.

I have taken a bit of a Sabbatical from weaving lately and it feels good to get back into it.

2 comments:

  1. oh, I just starting weaving, I am on my second one. First one I used carpet warp, then while weaving it went to JoAnns and picked up some pearl cotton, a few dmc and a few lillys? Anyway, I watch Kelly Casanova on youtube, and she provided a pattern. I took the little loom with me yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weaving is highly addictive, and will cause your yarn stash to grow, too! Happy weaving!

      Delete