Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

I showed great restraint last Saturday at the park’s yard sale day, only spending 50 cents on this lovely Christmas candleholder.
I’m looking forward to doing a little Christmas decorating this year (“little” being the operative word.)
I also did a bit of knitting, finishing this baby hat for the American Heart Association’s February drive in 2018. I’m sure I’ll do a few more...they are so quick and easy to knit up.
Wednesday was my birthday, and we celebrated by going to Seasons 52 in Phoenix, where I enjoyed the Vegetable Tasting. Yum.

We had a lovely time!
When we returned home, we changed into our bathing suits and went for a swim. I don’t believe I have ever gone swimming on my birthday. Since the temperature here in Mesa was 88 degrees, it was perfect for swimming. And being a dry heat it really just felt comfortable, not sticky-hot like we are used to.
This morning I sang in the choir at our Thanksgiving service, then returned home to start cooking. We had a very traditional dinner, even though it was vegan: tofurkey, homemade stuffing, mushroom gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Bob agreed that it tasted like a regular Thanksgiving feast and not at all strange. This was our first tofurkey and it really tasted like turkey. Success!
Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment