Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Life in Mesa, AZ

Bob and I are really enjoying life in this park. On Friday, Bob went golfing and had a great time meeting new friends. He’s signed up to be in a league, so he’ll be golfing every Friday.

I went to church on Sunday to the service that is held here in the park. It was very good, and was well attended. And today (Tuesday) I went to choir practice and was welcomed with open arms. It felt good to be singing again. I also attended an open house for the fitness center here, learning how to use the various cardio and weight machines. I’ve gradually increased my daily time on the treadmill and recumbent bike and am up to 30 minutes each, six days a week. The trainer told me it would be beneficial to add some strength training three times a week, so I’ll add that to my program. I’m feeling quite good, although I still have a little knee stiffness. Between going to the fitness center and walking Auggie to the dog park, I am getting my 10,000 daily steps in without any problem.

Today we had our slide toppers replaced on the motorhome. Boy, those fellows went to work and got it done within an hour or so. No more flapping sounds when the wind blows!

The old toppers were pretty grungy.

Tomorrow is the first meeting of the Fiber Crafts group and I’m looking forward to that as well. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment