Monday, November 13, 2017

This is How RVs Burn Down

We had a busy day today. I went to the fitness center for my workout, Bob went to woodcarving (he’s working on carving a bird,) we went to Walmart, Bob worked on replacing the motorhome’s clearance lights, I worked on a crocheted shawl..we took a walk... the day passed. And we almost had an electrical fire.

I had just finished making my Green Drink for lunch when the CO detector started beeping and there was a burning motor kind of smell mid-coach. At first I thought it was my Vita Mix and that maybe I had burned out the motor. But when I bent down to pick up something off the floor near the detector, I could smell a very strong burning odor down low. Bob unscrewed the detector and removed it from the wall, and finding it hot to the touch, he cut the wires. This was the CO detector Bob had replaced twice this year (the coach’s original one was replaced by one that started giving us a false alarm so the company sent us another new one.) Bob called the company, explained what happened, and they asked us to ship it back so they could test it. We were very glad we were home (and awake) when this happened, otherwise we probably would have had a fire. God is good.

I’m not so sure I want to put this company’s CO detector back in, even if they send us a new one.

1 comment:

  1. How scary! Glad you are both OK and so is your RV. I don't think I would have confidence in the CO detector unless they have a good explanation.....

    ReplyDelete