Saturday, November 18, 2017

Our Week in Review

One of the things I worried about when we headed out on this Grand Adventure was that we might pick up fleas from dog parks that Auggie visits. We have traveled 31,000 miles without seeing a single flea. By our luck changed this week when we noticed Auggie scratching and we found a flea on him. He is extremely allergic to flea bites. So we dumped food grade diatomaceous earth all over the carpeted areas in the coach and vacuumed it up 12 hours later. Auggie got a Capstar (nitenpyram) tablet to kill any crawling on him. I guess we’ll have to put him on a monthly Frontline pill, something we stopped giving him because A) we haven’t had problems and because B) I don’t like giving drugs to my dog. I called the office yesterday to ask when they were going to de-flea the dog park and they told me it was done just that morning. I’m glad they are on top of it.

The former house owners told us the other day they’d be leaving a couple of days later because their Thanksgiving guests are staying longer. I was not a happy camper! Bob went over and talked them into just one more day rather than two. Honestly, how hard is it to say to your guests “I’m so sorry but you can’t stay longer—we told the new homeowners we’d be out on the 25th and we are MOVING.”? So our moving date is now a week from Sunday. I’m glad Bob dealt with it because I might have not been diplomatic.

We went to a free class Thursday afternoon on cooking for the holidays at our local Natural Grocers, a national chain. Anyway, the instructor never showed up so Bob and I each got a $5 coupon for any purchase. Definitely a good deal for waiting around for 15 minutes. We’ll try and catch another class soon.

Bob went golfing yesterday and had his best score ever, while I drove over to the local library to check it out. I’ll be able to get a library card as soon as we get our first electric bill and can show them we are here for a few months. I love libraries.

This morning is the park’s monthly yard sale and we will walk around to see what we can’t live without. I suspect that next month we’ll have things to sell, after we see what has been left in our new house. And later today we will visit an RV show, just to look at RVs and to see what free stuff they are giving away. As a matter of fact, we are here in this park today because of a coupon we picked up at an RV show, 2 1/2 years ago. It boggles the mind how life is like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment