Wednesday, June 15, 2016

New Band Started

On Monday Bob and I left beautiful San Antonio and drove 285 miles to the Escapees park in Livingston, TX, a few hours northeast of San Antonio. We made good time, getting there before Carolyn, one of my fellow Ravelry members, arrived. Carolyn drove there with her husband  to buy my Columbine wheel. I really haven't been spinning much so it didn't make a lot of sense to be bringing it everywhere. I had first advertised it when we were in Tucson a few months ago but there were no local people interested. Carolyn was really patient, waiting for us to drive through Arizona, California, New Mexico, and finally Texas before we came to a campground near her. She left happy, and I was pleased my wheel found a new home.

Going to Livingston is like going home...our mail is sent there, people are friendly, and it is familiar since we've been there several times now. We only stayed two days but it was nice being there.
While here I warped up my 12" Ashford Knitters Loom with a 13 pattern thread Sunna heddle for a sampler band. I'm using 8/2 cotton for the ground threads and embroidery floss in five colors for the pattern threads. Details are on my Ravelry project page here.
On Wednesday we left Livingston and drove to Louisiana for a night, on Thursday we should be in Alabama, and on Friday we'll be in Georgia for a couple of days to visit our friends Retha and Mike. We are really looking forward to seeing them again. We are eating up the miles and are in "traveling mode" until we get back to our visit with family in NJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment