Sunday, June 19, 2016

To Georgia to see Friends

We have been having a very busy week. When last we left you, dear blog reader, Bob and I were heading for Alabama on our way to Georgia. We spent Thursday night at Bama RV Park and enjoyed our night there. We were one of two rigs in the place (except for rigs being stored there) and we had the wifi signal all to ourselves. It's the little things that make us happy!
This park caters to the football crowd, specifically University of Alabama fans, since the stadium is only five miles down the road. I'm willing to bet there are some big parties held here in the fall, but it was nice and quiet for us.

Then we were off to Georgia, where we stayed at Little Tallapoosa Campground, a lovely little county-run park about a half hour from our friends, Mike and Retha. You may recall that we stayed in the same campground with these friends in March and Mike suffered an accident there, breaking his leg in several places. Quite a few people have asked for an update and we are happy to report that Mike is much better. While he is still not allowed to do heavy yard work, he can walk without a cane and drive. Bob and I were happy to see how well he is doing.

We pulled in to our campground at about 2:30 on Friday and soon headed over to see our friends. And what a welcome we got! We sat talking and catching up; then Retha cooked us a yummy tilapia dinner.  The next day we returned and they took us to their favorite Cajun restaurant in Douglasville.
Oh boy, was that great food! We all had a cup of the best seafood chowder I've ever tasted. My crawfish bread (crawfish and sauce poured over French bread with cheese on top) was divine, and Bob's Andouille Sausage Po' Boy sure looked great, too. What a wonderful meal.
After lunch, our friends took us to their local ukulele shop. I never even knew there was such a store. Uke Republic had a marvelous selection of ukuleles, including this banjo-lele. I want one of these! 
It's a ukulele that sounds like a banjo. I've been inspired to try again to learn to play our ukulele. Mike plays very well, so he gave Bob some pointers on playing. 

Retha again cooked us dinner and we enjoyed hanging out at their lovely home. We got to see how they feed their twelve Japanese Chins--each one has his or her own crate to eat in, so no one steals the other's food.
Here they are, waiting patiently for "Mom" to bring dinner. Auggie had fun playing with the Chins outside in their large yard while we sat with a glass of wine. Such a nice visit!

On Sunday morning we got up early and headed for Asheville, NC. And I'll tell you about THAT tomorrow!


  1. oh, want one for my youngest. Just listened to the little video,wonderful. Thanks for writing about it.

  2. So glad you came to visit us!!! It was 2 TERRIFIC days!!