Tuesday, June 7, 2016

On the Way to S.A.

When we are on the move between longer stops life becomes simplified. We tend to depart between 9:00 and 10:00 am and settle in for a few hours of watching the world go by. It's fascinating to see changes in topography, but I don't get as much handwork done. A lot of these roads are too bumpy to weave on, so I turn to my Kindle and read.

Last night (Monday) we stayed at a little hole in the wall place, not far off I-10 in Van Horn, Texas. As is typical of these campgrounds, people are friendly when approached but no one will actually knock on your door, so it feels pretty private.
Living on the road can be as social as you want it to be. You can stop and chat with people or not, depending on your preference or your mood. Bob, because he spends a lot of time outside tinkering with the rig, often has a set of friends in a campground that I've never met. I enjoy socializing, but I have a lot of activities to keep myself amused and don't hang around outside as much. It all works out though, because not being joined at the hip gives us a bit of space. Every couple needs that at times.

This morning we continued along I-10 east towards San Antonio, Texas. It's pretty desolate around here with nothing but hills and desert.

We stopped for the night Tuesday in a little campground where we are just about the only visitors, except for a herd of deer that stopped in to drink from a nearby stream. They hung around for a few minutes before dashing off.
Tomorrow we should be in San Antonio! 

No comments:

Post a Comment