Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Day in Tucson, AZ

Boy, do I feel special! Today was my birthday, and I have been enjoying phone calls, texts, and Facebook messages with birthday wishes. Bob took me to Tucson for lunch at Caffé Milano on W. Congress Street where we enjoyed a yummy meal--I love Italian food!

Next up was visiting the Pandora store at the Tucson Mall, where I got a silver bracelet for the charms I had collected.

But we were not through yet. We then drove to Grandma's Spinning Wheel on E Tanque Verde Rd. This shop  is jam-packed with yarn, spinning wheels/drop spindles, and rigid heddle looms. What a fun place! I found some cotton yarns that I will use to weave up some bands. And the prices were good, too.

Bob even bought me a slice of carrot cake to finish off the day.

Tomorrow will be a day of getting ready for Thanksgiving. I will be baking rolls for 20 people, plus preparing yams for a crowd, too.  Will have to get creative to cook such volume in our little kitchen, but I'll make it work.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment