Thursday, November 10, 2016

Traveling to Las Cruces

On Monday we arrived in Fort Stockton, Texas, only to discover that the park we have used in the past no longer provides cable tv. Now, normally that would be no big deal. We don't have a satellite dish but we have a pretty strong antenna, and most places have at least some signal. We aren't usually big television watchers anyway. But Bob and I had planned to be at that park for two days so that we could follow the election, and the only two channels that came through were Spanish channels. My Spanish is pretty much limited to asking where the bathroom is, so that was not going to work for me.  Bob went back to the office, got a refund for our second night, and we drove on to Van Horn, TX on Tuesday morning where I binge-watched election coverage until it was over. I was really glad I didn't have to rely on an Internet signal, because that stopped working around 7:30 in the evening, with everyone else in the area trying to see results online.

On Wednesday we packed up again, for the fourth travel-day in a row, and passed through some pretty country...

... and finally got to Las Cruces, NM where we will be for a week.  Bob and I were greeted by Chuck and Linda and their adorable Corgi, Tucker, who are in the site next to ours. We had a nice, relaxing evening hanging out with them, and look forward to a fun week.

Today Linda and I will go to a weavers study group meeting of the Mesilla Valley Weavers Guild with my friend, Joan. It will be great to see her again!








No comments:

Post a Comment