Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sewing Organizers

With all the focus on finding a sewing machine for my daughter in law, I've been inspired to do a couple of sewing projects over the last several days. First I made a Bionic Gear Bag to hold sewing notions.

Inside the bag are four zippered pockets, plus space in between them for more items like scissors. This was a Craftsy pattern. The directions were quite wordy, which caused some difficulties in trying to figure out what to do. But I persevered and am very happy with the results.
The next organizer was a Craftsy pattern called #10 Caddy because it utilizes a #10 can (which was given to me by my daughter Kristen.)  As I recall, the can originally held coffee from Costco. I'm going to use this one to hold my current knitting project. It was pretty quick and easy to make, and  was able to use fabrics left from the previous project.

It feels good to cross a couple of things off my to-do list.



No comments:

Post a Comment