Friday, September 29, 2017

End of the Month Crafting

My daughter, Emily, asked me to make a troll hat for her four year old, Eve, and I was happy to do so. I admit that I had my doubts as I was attaching the hair, strand by strand, to the crocheted cap that served as a wig base.

Doesn't look like much, does it? But a couple of hours later the strands were in, I had brushed out the yarn, and I had a pile of fiber.

AND, a cute little troll hat/wig.

It has been put in the mail and I can't wait to see my granddaughter's photo of her wearing it.

I also finished knitting my Hanasaku Cowl, designed by Tori Gurbisz, and am very pleased with it. It was an easy knit.

I really like the thick 'n thin yarn in this, with little bumps.

Besides crafting, Bob and I also visited the Yellowstone Historic Center, a museum dedicated to telling the story of travel to and through Yellowstone National Park.

The town of West Yellowstone was founded in 1909 with the arrival of rail service to this location. The museum is housed in the former railway station and is a beautiful building.

We enjoyed the exhibits featuring information on early tourists who visited here, some of which got the "royal tour" and others who camped in the park.

The museum has a nice collection of original carriages, used to offer guided tours.

Bob was startled by a huge grizzly bear named Old Snaggletooth. And we learned about the 1959 Hegben Disaster following a series of massive earthquakes that buried 26 campers. Apparently, the Yellowstone area is due for another massive earthquake. Any time now.

Tomorrow we leave this magical area and head towards Idaho Falls, then Salt Lake City for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment