Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Little Sewing

We have actually had a very nice weekend here in Odessa, TX, not that I wouldn’t rather be somewhere else rather than at a repair shop! On Saturday Bob and I took a drive to Midlands, TX, about a half hour away, to see an antiques mall. Unfortunately it was one of those places that has mostly new items mixed in with a few antiques. Lots of cutesy signs with cutesy sayings on them, shabby chic “antiqued” furniture, and very little of substance. The shop owner suggested that we ride a few miles further and visit an “antiques fair” but it turned out to be more of the same plus lots of t-shirts with cutesy sayings as well. It was a relaxing day, anyway, and we did end up eating lunch out so we had a good time.

Today Bob and I went to see the movie Avengers Endgame and thoroughly enjoyed it. And after we came back to the RV I finished sewing a purse I had started three days ago. I used the fabric I bought in Tucson and couldn’t be more pleased with it. I like that both sides are different. The pattern is the Evelyn Tote and Handbag by Swoon, found here.

Tomorrow we’ll find out if we can leave this place!

1 comment: